Sunday, May 15, 2011

Viable Media Content (Unit 6)

In researching your industry, what is the viable media content to your profession that you should be including in your digital portfolio? Not all industries operate with the same standards when it comes to social media, for example, so it's important to know what platforms 'people' pay attention to and why.

My industry is in software integration and creative display solutions using Apple hardware. To connect appropriately with others, I would definitely integrate all three major social networks (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) into my portfolio — technology buffs and business owners are my main audience and I need to reach them by any means possible.

In terms of what content would actually be suitable for displaying my work, I believe that photos of finished installations, well-designed diagrams of how the software interacts, and even videos of installations are all appropriate pieces of documentation.

Audio may be useful when I want to describe a particular installation, however I don't think it would be very useful on its own.

I've embedded a Lighting 101 video that shows some really great tips on lighting subjects with different types of light. Great for taking some amazing looking portfolio pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment